As the founder of Crowley Accounting & Consulting Services, Brian Crowley has performed a multitude of services for a number of clients, including corporate, partnership, non-profit, and individuals, assisting with acquisitions, business strategy consulting, review of year end procedures, tax planning, sales and payroll taxes, and many other financial business services.
Brian graduated on the dean’s list from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Accounting in 1995. After college he became a certified public accountant while employed with a large, Chicago-area accounting firm. While there for fourteen years he ran engagements and was the main client contact in performing audits, reviews, compilations, and corporate/individual tax returns for client base (primarily in the manufacturing, distribution, and construction industries). He had several engagements performing CFO/Controller functions and was the member of the business development team.
In 2009 he joined a large manufacturer as their Chief Financial Officer. The company has revenues of approximately 20 million annually with 250 employees, the majority of which are production related positions. During his time there he proved to be an asset to the company in many ways.
• Improved cash flow by $800,000
• Manage two year end reviews, one year end compilation, individual tax returns for the owner and other key people for our entities
• Negotiated refinance of Corporate Line of Credit and Owner’s building loan • 401K and Pension Plan administrator
• Prepare timely monthly financial statements including budget and variance analysis
• Manage IT systems including implementing first step in going paperless, installing a new computer system which integrated the accounting, order entry, shipping, inventory control, and general ledger processes.
• Converted from a periodic inventory system to a perpetual system
• Manage human resources including working with the city to take advantage of economic opportunities
• Worked with the owner to procure three large corporate programs which will increase revenue substantially